Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No water to shower

Options
  • 28-06-2022 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭

My water supply went down to a trickle in my flat for a few weeks, it was fine in the other flats in the building. My landlord looked at it and got the taps running again but there's no water supply to the shower. He said that the pipes were airlocked but shouldn't the water supply to the shower have returned at the same time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Seanachai

The LL also said that 'it was very unusual as the water supply was cut off at the mains', I don't know much about plumbing but I would have thought that if it was the mains all the flats in the building would have been affected?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,296 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

It is easy enough to bleed an airlock out of a shower. You shouldn't even need a plumber to do it. The mains excuse is BS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Seanachai

The landlord bled the airlock himself but the plumber had to replace some valves I think, he also said there was some 'crap' in one of the pipes. The LL seemed pretty genuine about the mains issue, like I said I don't know enough about plumbing to contradict him. I don't know if it's relevant but there is only one meter for my building and the house next door and the issue started when the family next door moved out, maybe it's just a coincidence?

Advertisement