Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National childcare scheme

Options
  • 28-06-2022 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭

Kids have just finished their first full year in crèche. We had a decent hourly rate for the NCS, but since herself went back to work we’ve gone over the €60k limit and can just get the 50cent an hour.

how do the government think this is fair? It’s €1126 a month to put them into crèche now so my wife was paying when it was €767 nearly a €400 increase. She earns net €1880 a month it’s crazy. Obviously now I’ll be stepping up and giving the difference from the previous payment so she can have a decent salary but that has knock on affects when it comes to overall spending. My spending on diesel has gone from €30 a week to €50 a week and hers has gone from €20 to €30, then you’ve good increases electric increases, needing to fill the oil tank soon.

my wife works as a pre school teacher and so does my sister in law, both highly qualified and no reward for it. It drives me nuts. One has a masters and level 6 all to do with childcare the other has an honors degree and level 6 in childcare €12.40 an hour! It’s scandalous. I really do hope the government buck up and properly subsidise childcare. It’s stopped us having a 3rd in truth which we do want to do but no way in could we sustain that spending.

also I know in time that will reduce once they hit primary school and a small bit when in pre school but feck me, as an overall service the staff and parents get rode!!

Advertisement