Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Jackets

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

Revit is a decent enough brand, all I can say is I have an older style one from 5 years ago. I got very lucky with the size as when I got it over the net I was taking a chance I was getting the size right. Inside zips tend to wear down and start getting stuck after a while. A lot of other mesh fabric/textile jackets after do not come with back/elbow /shoulder protectors! Weather-wise... that's always going to be an issue. Hardly anything is truly waterproof but a lot of stuff holds up fine in light rain.

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

I have that Revit Eclipse jacket and it's excellent, I've had it like 3 years now. I haven't gotten to wear it this summer yet but between 18c and 30c it's great.

I would recommend also getting the back protector for it as well.

There wasn't a pant version of the Revit Eclipse range till recently and I'll be buying them as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Thats my concern, tempted by the Blauer jacket because it might be more versatile for Irish weather... A mesh jacket might be too too cold...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭ratracer

My experience of a mesh jacket in Ireland: it’s great on the five or six days a year when the temp is over 20 degrees and you want to go for an afternoon blast! When the temp drops below 20, you really need a fleece/ hoody inside it as it gets quite chilly when moving. Also, we rarely get a spell of weather without rain, so if you plan to go for a few days riding, the mesh couldn’t really be a consideration.

I’ve had mine for a number of years now, it’s still like new as it’s so rarely been worn!! I’ve a Hein Gericke summer jacket which gets used 95% of the time I’m on the bike, I just put the lining in for the winter and take it out for the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Thanks, that seems to confirm my thinking...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Breezin

Unpredictable Irish weather means you'll never have a simple solution. Mesh and/or light waxed cotton does it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭dubal2008

I bought an Oxford Delta Air last year, like others have said, i've only used it for a few weekend spins but it is very good and keeps you very cool when on the move

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭cmyk

What about the likes of those knox armoured shirts?

Aren't you meant to be able to wear any normal jacket over them, or are they worthless in the real world?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

My wife wears an armoured vest without a jacket over it when it's too hot even though I tell her she's proper f*cked if she comes off.

I'm wearing my RST wax cotton jacket at the moment but it's far too warm so going to switch to my Klim Kodiak which has amazing venting when I shift my covid weight 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭cmyk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭Varik

For summer I've got rst Kevlar lined shirt with a codura denim on the outside, no vents at all but the air goes right through it. There's a waxed similiar version which I'd have thought wouldn't be as good for air flow, and then ones with normal denim on the outside. Rst and others have a bunch of Kevlar lined and composite hoodies but don't think those would be as stiff so might just run up if you did go down, maybe some of them have belt loops to fix that.

Cool as a breeze while out today and then the bike decided not to start while I'd stopped for a bit and I was warm but still fine waiting around and then very protected while taking a bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

I have the Revit Eclipse too, great for the really, really hot days, but they are few and far in between.....

Since you won't be wearing it much, it'll last you a lifetime!

Advertisement