Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volbeat - Dublin December 2022 (3 Arena)

Options
  • 27-06-2022 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

Nice to see this announcement this morning:

VOLBEAT

Plus special guests:

SKINDRED

NAPALM DEATH

12 DECEMBER 2022

3ARENA, DUBLIN

Tickets on sale this Friday 1 July at 10.00am

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Saw Barney perform Evelyn with them in 2018, no doubt they'll do the same again.

Suppose it's the strong support cast that has it in the Three Arena, don't think they'd come anywhere close to selling it out on their own (even with the support it will probably be half full)

Was at the Belfast gig recently, the new stuff sounds great live, Devil Rages On, The Sacred Stones and Temple of Ekur are all crackers, if only they'd bring back Soulweeper 😒

Probably will head along to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Napalm Death supporting these lads is utterly bonkers imo and is akin to having Slayer support someone like Kings of Leon.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

• Registered Users Posts: 37,916 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Going to Alter Bridge the Thursday before with the cost of everything don't think I'll be able to afford to go to this too

Never know though, Volbeat one of my favourite bands. Saw them in 2019 in the Olympia and it was great

Say there awesome as suppprt for Metallica

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Dave Grohl talked about Foo Fighters following Pantera at a festival with no problems at all.

Volbeat are fairly heavy, don't think it's that big a drop off with them and ND.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I had to make a crazy effort to see obituary when they supported slayer anthrax and log in the 3 arena , it’s not easy getting there for 6pm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

In his story, Grohl recalls seeing Pantera “completely destroying the stage”, calling their set a “force of f**cking nature.” He got so lost in the moment before realizing that Foo Fighters had to follow Pantera. “Unfortunately, that euphoric feeling immediately disappeared the second they finished and the crowd roared like a blood thirsty Roman coliseum,” writes Grohl. “We were dead meat. Dead. F**cking. Meat.”

Massive difference between the two tbh.

Yeah sum difference alright

Bad Wolves who are in place for ND on the European leg is a much better fit

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭yknaa

Tickets will be €47 plus fees if that’s of any use.

Not a bad price for the tickets

more the expense of the food,drink and travel is the issue

Also planning on going to the Cure on the 1st Dec (if i can get a ticket) so 3 concerts in 2 weeks adds up

• Advertisement

Can't recall seeing the 'aisle seat' option for a 3Arena ahow

€52 each with 2x tickets option only

€47 standing/other seated tickets

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Big fan of alter bridge who are playing a few days apart but lately im leaning towards Volbeat.

Id love to go to both but money talks.

No interest in support acts.

Yeah the timing is such a pity

Going to the Cure on the 1st December and then Alter Bridge the week after. Seeing both bands for the first which leaned be towards them

Adding a Volbeat show would be great but simply finances not able for it esp been near xmas. Loved the Olympia show in 2019

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Volbeat tickets booked for myself and the young lad, hes 19 and into all sorts of music bit like his ould lad but it will be our first ever gig together, cant wait what a band!!

how was the gig ??, ended up winning a pair on ticket's but coundnt make it up

From pics i saw it looked a very sparse crowd

Post edited by PTH2009 on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Looked like a big show from some of the photos I saw posted, their stage did use up quite a bit of floor space though, can't tell how accurate they indicate crowd though.

Whatever bout the main act does look like crowd for supports just failed to pull in bodies early doors alright, Shame as it must be about 15 years since Skindred last played here and Napalm Death generally do well on their own shows.

Pity Bad Wolves didn't stay on after the European shows. Would of been tempted to head up otherwise

Comparing to the Alter Bridge show, decent crowds in for the support that night. Suppose Halestorm would be bigger than Skindred

I was there, around the centre it was about 80 percent full to the back of the stage with big gaps at the sides, and a few seats around the middle filled, if it wasn't for the big name support probably would have been Olympia again, that pit thing was strange, thought it was going to be smaller, ended up standing just outside it, Michael spent a fair bit of time out there, so I probably saw more of him than people who spent money to get into the pit.

Was going to drive up but ended up taking the train and staying the night, I missed Napalm Death because I was later getting in than I wanted, thought Skindred were great fun, sound wasn't great for them, the singer is a bit of mad bastard, I liked him berating the crowd for not really engaging with him and saying 'We've been a band for 20 years and and this our first time playing Dublin, where's your local promoter, where is the c*nt'

Saw Volbeat in Belfast in May, it was a similar setlist, great performance though, it was nice to see them with a bit of production.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭brianomc

The crowd was tiny for Napalm Death, with maybe just 10 people in the pit itself. I felt bad for them, being far away from the majority of people there can't have been easy for them to feel wanted. They weren't my kind of music tbh.

Skindred had a bigger crowd but still far from full, the lead singer was great at getting us going. I'll keep an eye out for them if they play here again.

I was at the corner of the pit, on the outside and having someone playing at the front of the walkway nearly all the time meant I didn't pay much attention to the big screen, the ones on the ceiling were a nice touch too. I think the 2 blocks of seats on either edge were as good as empty. It was a real fun night though and a great last concert for 2022.

Photo stolen from elsewhere, I was on the far side so it felt fuller than the photo shows

Advertisement