Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Help with a Few Things - Making some Changes

Options
  • 27-06-2022 8:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭

Hi folks, need some help with a few things as I am making calls to companies and getting very different responses and more importantly prices!!

Thank you in advance for any responses... it will really help me greatly here.

Background: Cobmi Boiler in our SHED providing hot-water to all our taps along with drinking water to all our taps. We have 3 sinks, 1 bath, 1 shower. Shower is a rain fall shower and the pipes are hidden behind the wall/tiles.

Shower Pump: We would like to get more pressure to our shower. Its not too bad as it is, but would like to have more, nothing nicer than going to a hotel with a really nice powerful shower. We want to install the pump in the shed (due to noise) where the combi boiler is already installed. Can this be done? Online research suggests no, but some calls suggest yes. If yes, what kind of pump are we looking at? (One Person suggested Stuart Turner pump). If this is installed in the shed, will that increase the pressure for ALL taps, or just the shower? Will it work with both HOT and COLD showers (I like to have cold showers)

Drinking Water: For medical reasons, its been suggested that my daughter only drinks filtered water. Given we have a combi boiler and every sink provides drinking water, can we install something in the shed (again) to provide this for the 3 sinks. If not, kitchen sink only is ok. Or do we have to put a system in UNDER the ktichen sink? If we have to do that, can we use a single tap for all the water? I read somewhere about getting a tri-flow tap for that purpose? So you don't have to have a 2nd tap for dinking water. But if we can CLEAN ALL the WATER a the source, is there a need to do this?

All Water: As mentioned above, can we just filter/clean ALL water throughout the house at the source (combi boilder) so that all water is drinkable, and the shower water is better etc.

Trying to find an affordable solution, and very much learning about everything so any experts out there than can send me in the right direction, its greatly appreciated in advance.

Thanks!

Advertisement