Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Expiring Learner's Permit and Test

Options
  • 26-06-2022 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

My learner's permit expires in 1 weeks. My test is booked for 3 weeks time.

I expected to renew online, but at the end I saw they required that I post my original passport and original residency permit to complete the process. I am mandated to have my residency permit available at all time by INIS and therefore it would be impossible and irresponsible to post it.

I visited local NDLS and they said the only way was to postpone my test as NDLS don't take walk-ins and no appointments are available near me (Kerry).

Is the only option really to postpone? Even if I got lucky with a cancellation, and with the delays in NDLS processing, would I be able to do the test with proof of renewal while waiting for new card?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 rb2022

Is there even a waiting list one could go on for these appointments? I just missed a cancellation that appeared this morning and was gone before I had time to click on it.

I do find it hard to believe they are completely booked solid. Looking at the nearest date with availability, it's 95% available and has been all day. This indicates to me that it's done on a calendar basis rather than a demand basis with nearer dates subject to limitations even if not booked. Does anyone know if this is the case?

Advertisement