Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC RF Door Sensor reporting open when it isn't

Options
  • 26-06-2022 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

In the process of writing this post, I figured it out, so I'm still including it in case someone else find it usefui.

The answer was that in my tests, the sensor needs to be vertical. The barrel is the proximity sensor.

Hi. We have an HKC Alarm with various sensors including an RF door sensor on a sliding patio door.

We've just replaced the door and the fitters carefully removed the sensor from the door.

Now, if I place the magnet next to the sensor as per the instructions and shown here, the main controller reports that the zone is open. I've tried many combinations of positioning but to no effect. I've also replaced the battery.

The unit is clearly transmitting because it reports a tamper when I open it.

The recommended positioning seems to be alongside where the battery is. I can't see any other sensor in that portion of the casing, such as a reed which I gather some sensors use to detect the proximity of the magnet. Higher up (no where near the positioned magnet) there is a plastic barrel with two brass coloured barrels inside it. I wonder what's thats for? There is also a spring next to the battery, but I think that's to detect opening of the casing (tamper).

Thanks, Chris.

Advertisement