Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet Friendly Accommodation

Options
  • 25-06-2022 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Does anybody have any reccommendations for booking dog friendly accommodation in Ireland? Myself and my wife are trying to book a break for ourselves and our dog, a lab, and we're really struggling to find anything.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

The Twelve in Galway was dog friendly a few years ago along with The Ardilaun

Castlemartyr in Cork used to be pet friendly a while ago.....check if they still are

• Registered Users Posts: 11,860 ✭✭✭✭anewme

What type of accomodation are you looking for and when are you willing to go?

Hotel, self catering?

Follow Dogfriendly Irlandie on Instagram. Some good recommendations.

Do you have a particular area in mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Rifter

Don't have a particular area of the country in mind, anywhere that will let us bring our dog. We found plenty that said they were pet friendly, only to see it was assistance animals.

As far as type of accommodation, a house would be ideal, a dog frinedly hotel would be second.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,860 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Cabu by the Lakes in Cavan is pet friendly, but expensive. There are beautiful forest walks and dogs can sit with owners in the covered in area by the log fire. Would be a nice few days away.

Also some lovely pet friendly cottages on Achill. We went in May and loved it so are going back in Autumn.

Post edited by anewme on

• Advertisement

Depending on where you are it could be worth looking at getting the ferry. Up North you can go to wilds of Scotland, from Dublin you can go to Wales or spin on to the Peak or Lake District. About 300 return but depending on how long you're going you could save that amount back. And it's always nice to get home from a trip without feeling like you've had a few dozen hands in your pockets. 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭tk123

You can filter for dog friendly places on AirBnb. We’ve stayed in a couple of that allowed dogs. The last one had an enclosed field for them to play in too.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Jcb21

I have stayed im the ocean sands in Enniscrone with our dog before. Right across the road from the beach. The hotel has specific rooms for people with dogs. I have also seen people in randles in killarney with dogs before.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭cezanne

The lodge at ashford castle is dog friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭muddypaws

2nd recommendation for the Ocean Sands in Enniscrone. They have recently increased the number of dog friendly rooms. I put a dog event on in Enniscrone each September and they are always very helpful, even let us use a room for dinner one year, all the dogs were allowed in. Last year we used their marquee for tea and sandwiches again, all dogs were welcome. They have self catering apartments as well as hotel rooms.

Mikee at Harbour Sup has SUP boards and lessons which also allow dogs, which is great fun if that's something you'd be interested in.

• Advertisement
Advertisement