Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer ban

Options
  • 25-06-2022 2:02pm

I have been banned for using the term ‘fans’.

I have explained to the moderator there is a spectrum of fandom from diehard to fair weather.

most ‘diehards’ would describe fairweather as ‘fans’.

is there any reason to be exercised here ?

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

Might be better for me to add this now rather than it to be seen as a response.

if one could read what I’m actually saying is - ‘be patient, with money comes guaranteed success’. And I’m aiming that at a certain type of ‘fan’ that may be unaware of what is actually happening I’m happy to elaborate of this

I shouldn’t have to clarify that, as I think it’s obvious from what I’ve written, but it’s my effort to stop the asinine assertion that I was trying to break any rules for which I have accused the moderator of gaslighting me.

• Administrators Posts: 53,387 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I'll look into this, but first @[Deleted User] have you tried to resolve this directly with the moderator?

Sure did.

He interpreted my use of ‘fans’ as baiting iirc.

Any update on this ?

would like to have access for FPL research.

• Administrators Posts: 53,387 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Hi @[Deleted User] ,

Sorry for the delay.

Firstly, this dispute is about the yellow you received, not the ban itself which has been put in place due to the accumulation of infractions you have earned, according to the soccer charter.

I have reviewed the decision to yellow card you for your comment, and I agree with the moderator that your post was baiting.

Yellow upheld, and the ban stands.

You may appeal this to administrators if you disagree with this decision.

awec

• Advertisement

No need to appeal to the administrators.

It’s a jokeshop ban. You know it. The original mod knows it. The admin will blindly support you too.

A blind man can see what’s happened here. I’ve posted for years without any hassle. I then take a stance of support for Kathryn Mayorga as she alleges being raped by a high profile soccer player in Ronaldo.

The end result for me ? Banned, banned and banned again. It’s a bad look for boards and their moderation team.

I’ll have to keep it very very bland when I regain access in December to avoid another ban.

Will be interesting to see you claim I’m baiting when I post ‘great to see our title rivals lose this weekend just as we churn out another victory’.

The lack of integrity in your decision and in your claim is embarrassing. Shame on boards for taking this stance on sexual assault.

I stand with and believe Kathryn Mayorga.

Advertisement