Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terence Wheelock case

Options
  • 24-06-2022 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭

I searched and couldn't find a thread nor many mentions of this case to be honest. Highlights of story here for anyone clueless: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terence_Wheelock

Important to note, the friends arrested claim Terence had nothing to do with the theft of the car but did engage with them as he knew them when he crossed paths with them in town that day. Terence was on his way to the hardware store. Not that anyone deserves to die in custody but spare a thought of how an innocent guy was potentially treated by our Gardai.

Singer Gemma Dunleavy has brought the spotlight back on this case, it's far from over. What are people's thoughts? So many dodgy facts.

One question I have, the lads who actually did steal the car (his friends I believe) who were also taken to custody, did they give any insight into how they were treated in custody? After a google search, one of those lads (Noel Hudson) who actually did nick the car, ended up in and out of prison since & was involved in the stephens days riot: https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-30349913.html

The investigation carried out by the family and their experts definitely made it seem that physical abuse happened to Terence by the Gardai at some point with strange blood stains in his undergarments, an expert felt it could have come from the anal area. The cell was completely cleaned the next day, it really does warrant an independent investigation. Gardi Ombuds man report, i.ie gardai investigating gardai is ridiculous!

Advertisement