If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Plumber Issue?

  • 23-06-2022 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭

    Mods.. wasn't sure where to put this one, as it is more of a service rather than the selling/buying of good.

    We had a new kitchen installed last year, and the fitters told us to get our own electrician and plumber, pretty standard as far as I am aware.

    We also had a new underfloor heating mat installed by an electrician, and all was fine, until the electricity started cutting out. We found the issue behind the sink, there was a massive leak, which clearly caused the electrical issue. The plumber is denying that he was the cause, and that it is the fault of the original builder, 22 years ago.

    It will cost about 5000 to fix this, and we are selling our house so we have to fix it, can't leave it in this condition. Our kitchen is cold in winter without this heating.

    So, to chase the plumber via solicitor, or go through our house insurance?

    Any advice greatly appreciated from you knowledgeable boardsies! Thanks in advance