Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir F3000 Modem - Problem Changing User Name & Passwords

Options
  • 23-06-2022 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭

A relative gets his broadband from eir via DSL FTTC. He recently upgraded his modem to their F3000 model. On receipt he changed the Admin password and the network user name & password to one's of his choice. However, after a short period of time the assigned new login password was no longer recognised and the modem had to be reset to the default factory settings.

Eir replaced the modem as they suspected the problem might be due to a faulty modem. However, the replacement F3000 is exhibiting the same issue. Anyone else experience this problem with the eir F3000 modem & if so what was the solution?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭DeconSheridan

I had this issue with another vendor in my case the issue was that the new password all though accepted by the device as being a valid password there was no check for the new password length and if the length was greater than the devices firmware password max chars length, it would accept the new password but lock you out as incorrect password. Maybe take note of the devices default password as in password length, does it have numbers, chars, special chars and use that to generate a new random pass, sometimes the device may display what is valid characters and length under where you change the password on the device UI, same for user admin name.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 conorjclarke

I’m having the same issue. So rang eir and Got a replacement modem same model and it was fine for a while but it started happening again. A quick turn it off and on again always solves the problem but it’s a real pain. Do other eir modem user have the same problem?

Advertisement