Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

License renewal

Options
  • 22-06-2022 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭

Need to get insured on mum's car when I return from UK however lost my Irish driving License which is up for renewal in July, I also need a PSC card as current one out of date. So I can't get my license renewed !! Any advice as what way to get around this? Won't be home to Ireland till December. Any advise 👍

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,357 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Having a PSC card make a renewal much easier but it's not mandatory. You will need to visit an NDLS centre in person to complete the process, something you can avoid with a current PSC. It may be worth contacting the Dept of Social Protection to see if they will issue you with a new PSC card without the need to visit one of their offices.

If you can't get a new PSC card, you will need to go to an NDLS centre. If your driving licence is expired and lost, you need to bring photo id so your passport should suffice. There is a different procedure if your licence is still current but lost and you want a replacement, that requires you to get a declaration form signed at a Garda station. You won't need to do that.

https://www.ndls.ie/licensed-driver/renew-my-driving-licence.html#to-renew-your-driving-licence-in-person-at-an-ndls-centre

Advertisement