Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Lazurus Project. Anyone watching this?

Options
  • 22-06-2022 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,563 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

I just watched the first episode and I have to say I was mightily impressed. It-was an excellent first episode. They squeezed a lot into it and yet it did not seem rushed. Some excellent effects in it too and the characters seem likable too.

A cliffhanger of an ending too that first episode too. Can not wait to see what happens next and what decision he makes if he can have it his way or not.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Post edited by AMKC on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Had seen the trailer and that it got good reviews so it's on my radar..

Just that it's a Sky TV show I'm like.. ick 😁 .. their homemade stuff hasn't made a good impression on me in the past

For anyone interested:

The Lazarus Project | Official Trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 15,563 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I think you will love this. It really is excellent.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Finished it last night. Really enjoyed it. Plenty of twists and turns, and a really interesting central idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Gave up on it after the second episode.

Ms

Awe that's a pity. Why?

I am up to the third episode. I could watch them all in one go but do not have the time to be doing that. I am happy watching it weekly.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I don't know, maybe I gave up on it too early.

Might give it a second go.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

Some good big ideas in this but there are way too many stupid small things for it to be good.

Worth sticking with though. I also gave up briefly after the 2nd episode.

Only 5 episodes in myself, are we supposed to be on the side of the main character? I can't but hope he ends up dead myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

The nonsense level rose to a million in the last episode. I would not recommend it to myself.

Ms

Lol.

I do agree that after a great first episode it certainly went downhill from there. I thought after George's wife got killed right great premise he turns back time to rescue her and stop the bomb but other things happen instead but no they messed that up. It did not have to be so overly complex.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

I felt the same way in regards to the lead character. I couldn't figure out if the show expected us to be rooting for him or not, as he was initially the audience surrogate into the whole crazy world of the show. However, he came across as extremely unlikeable from the start and his insanely selfish choices as the show went on turned him into the villain of the show for me. The guy they were casting as the actual villain ended up being more sympathetic. Its a pity, because the premise of the show held a lot of promise!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I don't know if we are expected to sympathise with George. Archie certainly doesn't and is looking rightly to take him down for what he did.

Ms

Just watching the last episode now. I must say the part where George opens the door to his neighbour and says something different is very funny. Also I think George is becoming a seriel killer the amount of times he has killed and wrapped up Shivs body at this stage lol. Maybe not in the classic sense but he is certainly a seriel killer via time.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm surprised there isn't a thread about the recent season 2 (or maybe I just can't find it).

Season 2 was incredible. Mind bending storyline, particularly when they got to 2012.

The last 2 episodes in particular were some of the best TV I've seen in months.

Satisfying ending, but still loads of loose ends and definitely room for a third season. To the best of my knowledge, it hasn't been announced yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

Yeah I was really surprised how much more creative season 2 was compared to the first. Felt very ambitious in it's scope and they used the time-travel in some very clever and inventive ways. I'm not sure if all the ideas quite made sense, even from an in-universe point of view, but I was happy to just go with it most of the time.

I still feel like that more could be done with the premise if given to a bigger network (like with a US remake), but easily one of the best shows Sky have been associated with.

Unfortunately I still found the lead character extremely unlikable.....

Ms

Very disapointed with season 2. It made no sense and was a mess. Season 1 was much better.

I have to say the plane going around the roundabout was hilarious and then taking off on the motorway lol no street lights anywhere no lol. So bad.

I wanted to really like this show and I did on season one but season two just tried to be too clever and ended up as a mess that made no sense. So what just be going around in circles in 2012 they have ended the 3 week loop is that it?

What speed was the plane supposed to be doing when going into the time loops lol and don't get me started on the pilot. The state of him and his acting was brutal like a rag doll piloting this magic time plane lol.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,046 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Shame. 2 good seasons though.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Very disappointed. Also odd timing given the show just scored a BAFTA nomination a few days earlier, helping raise its profile.

I wonder if the cost was too high versus the viewers or perhaps Paapa Essideu, who seems to do well enough, has better offers.

Advertisement