Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hyperhidrosis in hands (Botox)?

Options
  • 22-06-2022 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

Just seeing if anyone has experienced palmar hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating in the hands) and whether you tried Botox?

My son has it and has tried lots of deodorants, but nothing seems to work for him. It's really affecting his personal life.

I assume regular botox injections are quite expensive!

Post edited by Hannibal_Smith on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Goodigal

My ex husband used a product called Anhydrol Forte. Worked for him over time. Wasn't for his hands so don't know if it works as effectively as it did for under arm area. Might be worth a try before Botox is attempted. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭radiotrickster

From my experience and my families experience for underarm sweating, Botox tends to become less effective the more you get it. We went the public service route which was long waiting lists but we were all told you could only have it 7-8 times because after that, it’s not as effective and does minimal amounts of improvement.

I’ve spaced it out as much as I can (eg you might want it for your debs, your wedding, etc) so it’s most effective at the times you really want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭1992ChainGang

Driclor is very good. I used to use it for under arms but after a couple weeks of using it I havent needed it in ages. I've read it can be very good for palms as well but have no experience of that - definitely check it out

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

OP - given its medical advice you're looking for, I'm going to close the thread.

Please discuss the matter with your doctor before trying or changing medication.

Thanks

HS

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement