Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Track mobile and lycamobile roaming in Amsterdam

Options
  • 22-06-2022 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭

Hi I am in Amsterdam at present. We have tesco mobile and lycamobile both are stuck to 2g network. Calls and text are working but data is dead slow. Contacting customer service of both companies was a waste of time. Typical copy paste answers. Netherlands don't have 3g network. Wondering if that's have to do something with the issue.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭cjc0101

Yeah, I'd 48, Tesco etc, got caught out, NL, etc are shutting down 3g in favour of 4g & 5g, 2g is kept for hospital equipment, elderly alarms etc, low data traffic devices on 2g lower frequency (lower=goes father/further & through walls etc) now I think they have it sorted by 4g roaming deal.

3g was always crappy in Amsterdam centraal area, coz of the phone traffic volumes

Advertisement