Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garda Searched my Car without Consent or Good Reasoning

Options
  • 21-06-2022 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I was at a house party and one of my friends went to sit in a car owned by someone else at the party parked in the nearby estate as the music inside was giving him a headache. The friend who sat in the car was relaxing listening to music , it was early in the morning roughly 4 am , neighbours made a noise complaint and guards arrived at the scene. My friend phoned me and said to come over from the party to him as he couldn’t understand the garda as his English is bad. When I made my way there by foot , I was trying to talk to the garda and find out what happened as I was unaware of the situation. The garda had a very hostile attitude even though I was talking calmly but I was a little drunk but could comprehend and talk to them in a normal manner anyways.

The car my friend sat in didn’t have motor tax or insurance so the garda started asking us questions about the car which we didn’t have any idea about. Garda then proceeded to request an ID from me which I provided , then proceeded to search me without any reasonable suspicion of commuting a crime. After finding my personal car keys in my pocket , the garda slapped my face 3 times ( I assume he was happy with finding my keys ) and he pressed the unlock button and saw my car parked privately near by. Without hesitation he makes his way to my car and proceeds to search it , then drove it to the first car that my friend was in and parked it beside it. The garda found a wooden baton about 30-40 cm in length that I forgot I had accidentally put in my car , I have no criminal record or issues with garda. After the baton was found the garda arested me and I have court next month on 5th of July over the small wooden baton which in the report the garda described as “ Large Wooden Baton” , any opinions on the situation ?

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,058 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Aside from being unrelated to a forum ban boards.ie, legal advice is banned site wide. You need to consult a solicitor. This thread also needs to be closed at this point to stop anyone from attempting to do so, and from getting yourself into further legal trouble.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement