Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Luxury Small Car ??

Options
  • 20-06-2022 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

Any suggestions on what would be a comfortable well equipped small car ?. Limited for space at home parking wise, and only the two of us. Mostly city driving - odd country trip. Driving an i30 1.4 at the moment (no complaints in fairness) but that's being "donated" to son. That size max. or smaller. I like a nice driving position, adequate power and reasonable gadgets. Petrol/hybrid - can't afford up-front cost of decent electric yet.

Thanks, K

Edit: need a centre armrest too !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭walshtipp

Corolla hatchback. Nice car to drive and the great Toyota hybrid system.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

The Mercedes A class look great and have a decent interior as standard

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭bbbbb

Lexus ct200h? A posh prius for some, but a comfortable, reliable car.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭User1998

Mercedes A-Class (Premium Plus)

Audi A1/Audi A3 (Sport or S-Line)

VW Golf (Highline or GT)

BMW 1 series (M-Sport)

Lexus CT200h

Out of the above the A Class would be most luxurious. Avoid low spec models with 1.5 diesel engine. Avoid low specs of all of the above as they are not luxurious

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

What's the budget?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Raven_k42

Was thinking 18-20k...maybe looking at 2020/21 car. Also considered the T-Roc - similar footprint to i30 ?

Thanks, K

I think the title of the thread needs to be changed. Your not going to buy a 2020/2021 small luxury car for 18-20k. I think your probably confusing luxury with well equipped. Most main stream car brands are well equipped these days. Luxury is more a term associated with expensive premium brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭User1998

You can’t get a small luxury car within your budget, you can’t even get a T-Roc within your budget. And they aren’t exactly small either.

You could get yourself a small car which is reasonably well equipped compared to older cars. Fiesta, Micra, Clio, Polo, etc. but these are in no way luxurious.

OP should probably look at the likes of the Hyundai Kona or Renault Captur. Taller driving position but still compact enough in size.

If you want a like for like i30 replacement then the Kia Ceed is worth checking out.

Understood Bazz & others. Might need to rethink budget and/or rein in ambitions !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭djan

Really depends what you want, as others have said luxurious is off the table unless you go to back a few years. IMO I think it would be worthwhile. Definitely need to get a list of priorities. The T-Roc isn't all that big and while it looks and drives well being built on the golf, it is quite spartan on the inside with mostly hard plastics unlike the Golf.

Then again, if you're happy with an i30, by comparison luxury could be easily achieved :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

Aston Martin Cygnet. ;-)

Thanks for all the comments folks - even the Cygnet one !. I'm restricted footprint-wise...but like my comforts. That's all. Plenty of ideas now anyway. Thanks, K

Advertisement