Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tests dates don't suit.

Options
  • 20-06-2022 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

I recently got the email enviting me for my driving test.

It contained about 5 times.

One date is essentially Thursday, two times really suited and the last two times don't really suit me.

I contacted my instructor and he said not to book anything until he rings me back and not the times I wanted are gone.

Where do I stand now?

It says I've until the 28th to make a booking. Will I be offered more times or what is the the process?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭december2019

Now all the dates I've being offered have gone.

What exactly happens now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭J_R

Hi,

You should have sorted things put by now, if not :-

From https://myroadsafety.rsa.ie/

If you were previously invited to book a driving test and didn't, you need to complete this form to re-join the invitation queue. Know more >

Next time you receive an invitation immediately accept the one that suits you best. Your driving instructor should prioritise any pupil that is doing the test.

Thanks for the reply.

To be honest my driving instructor is driving me nuts.

He told me to book my test and as soon as I had dates to contact him to organise pre tests.

I did this and he fobbed me off saying he'd call me back later that evening. He didn't and the times went.

I got offered another test for tommorow morning.

As soon as a time that sort of suits comes up I'll just accept it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭J_R

Hi,

When I was an instructor I left no value whatsoever on pre-tests. My opinion, the only thing new to the pupil would be the silence - apart from the instructions/directions.

Pre-tests reminds me of circus ring masters. Training little doggies to run around the ring, jump through hoops on and off galloping ponies etc.etc. Good for nothing except entertaining children.

Pre-tests, enriching instructors.

My method, let the pupils drive for five, maybe ten minutes, long enough to negotiate a few left, right turns then pull over, explain when, what they did or were doing wrong then restart and start correcting those faults. And of course any other mistakes that surface. Puts a lot of pressure on the pupil but it I believe it worked.

Best of luck

Thanks for the reply.

A few dates came up which were especially the following day but they put a few for a day in a month's time at about 12am on Saturday.

I just picked one and rang my instructor to organise another few lessons/pre tests.

Thanks again!

• Advertisement
Advertisement