Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing Machine Waste

Options
  • 19-06-2022 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I'm changing my kitchen and would like to move my washing machine further away from the waste. If you take a look at the attached image, the waste/sink is at x, y is the current location, z would be the new location. It would be roughly about 2.5m away. What would be the best option to do here?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭youtheman

Really depends if you have clearance at the back of your units to install a vertical section of waste pipe (should have clearance underneath for horizontal sections). If you have then it's a really simple job (just cut the existing pipe and glue in a few fittings, making sure you keep the correct slope in the pipe).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Little unrelated advice, from your screenshot it looks like you're looking for an integrated appliance.

Go for a regular appliance in a regular size unit (with a regular door) that's deeper. It'll make your counter top slightly deeper (not a bad thing), if you need to do maintenance on it (unblock filter etc) it'll be a lot easier to manoeuvre than one with a door on the front, also pay less for future appliances & broader range of availability & features on full size regular machines. Speaking from experience.

Did the kitchen years ago & that was a big mistake for us. We had an integrated washer & standard dryer. The dryer got a regular unit & the washer got a suction one & it's a PITA when something goes wrong or it has to be replaced (once already).

Advertisement