Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joule 300l Tank

Options
  • 19-06-2022 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭

quick question, currently have a 300l joules tank, with immersion, my query is can i have a 2nd immersion to the same tank?

to allow it to fully heat the tank if I was to use an Eddi and solar PV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭John.G

Where is the installed element located?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭tech

about the middle of the tank currently

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭youtheman

I have a Joule 300L s/s tank. The immersion is installed horizontally (as opposed to vertically in you more traditional copper cylinder). So unless you have another blank flange for a second immersion I reckon you are 'snookered'.

You could install a external immersion heater but it can be a bit of a challenge, if going down this route I would suggest a 2.5kw element, if available, vs the 3kw standard, also have a very good read of thread "Fitting a Willis Immersion Heater".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭tech

should the tank heat fully using 1 x immersion in the tank ?

Thanks

• Advertisement

The "in tank" existing element if located where you say it is will only heat "1/2" a tank. The Willis will practically heat the whole tank.

Advertisement