Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Seeing a new girl, to hotel or not😩

• 17-06-2022 10:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

Seeing a girl these past few weeks, we've been on about 4 dates, tomorrow will be our 5th

Ive hit abit of a snag so to speak

I've recently moved back home to my parents house (like most people my age} she also lives with her folks.

So basically we havnt had sex yet, normally either an opportunity arises during the week or a weekend on any other dates ive been on but we both live on opposite ends of Dublin it's hard to just invite her over, she doesn't drive nor have I asked her to be fair.

Anyhow we both get along great, our 2nd date we were out dancing all night having a laugh so I think there's a good connection there.

So here's the thing, should I book a hotel for tomorrow night and chance my arm asking her to come back?

Il have to book it right now because there's nearly no rooms availble. And I don't want to ask her tomorrow night and get stung not been able to get a room if she says yes.

There's also the problem that if I book it now and she says no (unlikely I think but it's possible)

Or should I just ask her now if she fancys staying in a hotel tomorrow night? Or is that too forward, or too soon?

Post edited by Hannibal_Smith on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Don't know where you are based OP but make a weekend out it. Go to Galway.

Lots and lots of tourist things to do so while there is the hotel you are not just presenting it as only the hotel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

It's a balls and a lot of people are in the same situation at the moment.

I'd go on this date without a hotel booked and basically suss her out as to how she feels about getting bizzay. Just ask her how she'd feel about staying over somewhere/going away for a night on your next date and you'll have your answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

I think it's too soon for a trip like that, and I am certainly making my intentions clear here with the hotel haha we are going out drinking and for a dance tomorrow night, I don't expect us to leave town until closing time so that's the point with the hotel.

Im just wondering should I ask her now and risk being told no then it gets awkward or wait til tomorrow night and risk been out of pocket haha and sleeping in the bloody room on me own 😅

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

Ask her!

Don't book a hotel without her approval! Make a weekend of it.

5 dates is a pretty much "I more than like him zone".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,985 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I wouldn't book on the assumption, plus I'm not sure how I'd feel if the guy already had the room booked.....romantic or ulterior motive ....you'd be gambling.

I'd follow both sets of advice ...1 suss her out and 2 suggest a weekend or a night away.

As a side note do couples not get "bizzay" (love that) in the backseat of the car anymore?

• Advertisement

It's more of were both drunk and horny let's go for it type of thing to be honest 😅 only thing is I've no place to go back to for the moment haha

Plus sex first time with a new person while drunk kinda helps let the nerves settle I think. Kinda let the hair down 😂

On a serious note I know what you mean it can come a cross as a bad sign.

She's going on holidays next weekend for 2weeks with family so it's now or a month away.

Im 6ft 5

My car is a big car but it's far to awkward for business in it 😂 or at the very least it won't be very comfortable

I'm mid 40s and that always an option. Even with our own gaff.

Dude. A bit of romance. I love it, but plan ahead. Ask her. For all you know, even even with everything planned, one of you can conk out

Not the easiest thing to ask, but you'll have your answer. Might be yahoo, might be slow down. Which is fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,627 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Holliers for two weeks? You better get busy, so!!!!!

Right screw it I'm asking her now, I ain't replied to her in half an hour so if she's asleep il freak out 😂😂 il let yous know the response good or bad

• Advertisement

A whole 30 minutes you didn't text her!? Friend zone right there!

Relax. You'll know one way or the other

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,061 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Why not just book a room for you on her side of the city "because you want to have a drink and don't want to get a taxi/bus home after it". Then she might decide to stay in that room depending on how your date goes.

Right lads, bad news

Its a no go, she thinks something is missing, so my night tomorrow is gone hahaha guess I'm going out with the lads

Thanks for the advice folks

And thank god I didn't just book the feckin hotel haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,941 ✭✭✭sporina

awe feck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Gant21

Is she on boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

I dunno how to multiquote on the phone,

So

No she ain't on boards, there will most definitely be more dates just not tomorrow night, who knows might get lucky 😁 and my penis is normal sized haha

Was only going to be the 5th date, under normal circumstances with previous relationships sex was either the 1st or 3rd, just with this one it felt awkward because we lived far away from each other so I had to make a move somehow

I think asking her outstraight about a hotel was the correct decision as now I know I'm not wasting my time or money tomorrow

No hard feelings either way she's a great girl and we both wished each other goodluck in the future 😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Count Dracula

Hotel sex is great, go for it. Get a honeymoon suite with a a nice big jacuzzi. Go for it. You cannot beat the amazing feeling of release when you are close to your partner in a bubbling bath of pleasure. O em foooking g.

Make the most of your sex, get into it.

njoy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

And this is why it's always a good idea to read a thread in its entirety before replying...

Post edited by Dial Hard on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭munster87

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Eire392

Are you not going on a date with her now because she said she wouldn't stay in the hotel? Or did she cancel?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

So she was happy to keep dating you but remembered that “something was missing” for her when you brought up sex?

At least you got rid of the time waster. Don’t reply to her when she gets back in touch and good luck tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,943 ✭✭✭YellowLead

I think OP meant there will be other dates for him, but just not with this woman as they wished each other luck.

OP it’s a good thing you didn’t introduce the subject of your previous thread to your kid afterall as clearly that didn’t last!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Yes, that’s how I read it too. But she had been happy to go on the agreed date until the OP raised the topic of sex. People who date for ego boosts tend to resurface at times.

She knew I had a kid, and I'm very protective of him, I wouldn't introduce him to any women until I felt comfortable that it would be a long term commitment

That other thread was more about how do I tell my ex I'm moving rather then letting my child meet that other person

And yes I found it strange she was happy to go on more dates, maybe she was hoping to find that missing something? But I pushed the sex decision to quick on her? She felt reserved to me so that's why I decided to ask her

Any other women I've gone out with it never took as long as 5 dates so I had to ask and I'm glad we did

For the record the dates were great, she was a good laugh we had a great time but she felt something wasn't there and was probably hoping it would be after a few more dates possibly

Either way no grudges to hold on my end 😊

Ah okay so you guys are going to go on more dates?

No we're not

I'm not wasting my time or money either 😂

I don't think I could see her again on a date knowing she thinks somethings missing

It would be too awkward, I wouldn't know whether to kiss her hello or a handshake hahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,813 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Something came up that she found very disturbing...

Yeah probably right this isn't going anywhere OP...

So she said something was missing but wanted more dates just not the scheduled one. Kinda odd! Best to leave it be alright when it’s not working it’s not working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,985 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

She may not want to get "hot n heavy" before heading off on holidays.

She might just want to be free to enjoy her holiday.

Anyway know one really knows what is going on in an other person's mind.

Enjoy your night out tonight 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Swaine

So she was happy for you to take her out, pay for stuff no doubt but when you pushed for a bit more she ran a mile. Good riddance. DO NOT entertain her when she texts you again, 'cos she will. Going on holiday with her family is a red flag. I'm guessing she's not 17.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Given the OP has resolved their issue, I'm going to close this one off.

Thanks to all who offered advice

HS

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement