Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Croatia to Bosnia & Herzegovina - Car Hire Cross Border Fee

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,898 ✭✭✭pprendeville

I see this on the car hire website so I guess it's best to inform the car hire company 1st.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

tell the rental company which countries you plan to visit, they then include i think a green form that allows it and it can get checked at the border, might cost a few extra quid from rental co

recommend Montenegro over Bosnia also, Kotor is a nice drive and place to visit

I've gone with https://www.dubrovnik-airport-carhire.com/

Very easy to deal with so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

Agree with all of this depending on how much time you have. I hired from Dubrovnik a few years ago and drove down through Montenegro for a few days before heading into Bosnia from the south, at Metaljka as far as I can figure from the map. Kotor is nice and Zabljak is a decent spot for outdoor activities.

Once you're in Bosnia Sarajevo is an amazing place, so much so that we extended our stay there by a night - a guided tour is well worth it, you can even go into the hand dug tunnels under the airport used by people to escape the war. Mostar is also worth a visit although I think the Black Dog pub that was a real highlight when we visited might have shut since!

A big thumbs up for Easy Rent. They were easy to deal with. Got a lovely VW Polo 1L that was ver economical. Took a bit of time getting used to driving on the other side but apart from that all went smoothly. No issues going across borders. There was something mentioned on a document that it was allowed but best to double check when picking up the car. All that was ever looked for at border crossing were passports.

• Advertisement
Advertisement