Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy VII Reunion (Crisis Core Remake)

Options
  • 17-06-2022 7:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 29,554 ✭✭✭✭

Out 'this winter', i never got the chance to play this in psp but heard it's pretty good. I'd give anything a go with the FF7 remake gameplay though. Saying that, does anyone know if you only play as Zach? I preferred controlling multiple people over a single person like Yuffie in the dlc.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,907 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You just control Zack.

Don't be expecting a great story either but it was nice to revisit some of the areas from the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,554 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Was it a long game? Sounds like it could be like the Yuffie dlc. Wonder if it will be full priced.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,907 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It took me about 20 hours to beat. I was under review pressure so didnt do all the missions but I'd say there was another 10 or so hours or optional stuff but the game could be a little repetitive outside of a handheld experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,416 ✭✭✭RedXIV

It's def a bit repetitive near the end if you want to 100% it and the ultimate boss has a lot of RNG at play if you don't grind the bejesus out of yourself but overall I liked it. It was perfect for the pick up and play functionality of the PSP. Could happily play for 20 mins and put it in sleep mode and come back to it another day. If you're a FF7 lore head, there's loads of nice easter eggs, especially if you played the remake, the solider that recognises cloud makes a lot of appearances.

Def a day 1 purchase for me, but need to decide if I want it on switch or PS5 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,554 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Out next week, reviews out today, currently a 77 on Metacritic. 12 hour playthrough, looking forward to giving it a spin but not sure when I'll pick it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,416 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Twitch guy I follow got a key for it and live streamed the first chapter and the graphical improvements are impressive. I really miss the original voice actor for Zack after watching a bit of the stream but overall it appears to be a faithful adaption of the original.

An Xmas pressie to myself I reckon if none of the family cop it's coming out :D

Advertisement