Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Satellite installation

• 16-06-2022 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Wondering could you answer a question. Planning on installing a dish for my folks. Don't really want to want to put it on the front of the house a similar to the neighbours. I'm thinking the rear or more likely the side using a stand off bracket to get above the soffit. How would I figure out if I have line of sight be drilling into the house and setting it up.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Put your address into this site and select 28.2E Astra as the satellite. Drag the green dot to the exact location you want your dish and see where the line points to. The dish MUST have a clear view of the sky from that angle. Use landmarks like neighbours chimneys or big trees to help your aim. The obstacle checker function will show you the minimum height clearance for other things along the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Tango One

Thanks Gerry if I'm reading the obstacles checker right red point about 50m away showing height of 20m i would need to be be able to see that point in the sky. I think I'm OK so

Cheers

Advertisement