Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a boiler before install?

Options
  • 15-06-2022 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭

Just looking for some feedback, I’m upgrading my boiler and rads and bought in all the bits thinking it was the smart move to get all the items I wanted after some advice and reviews.

when I went to ring for quotes for install I was told by a few installers no one would touch a pre bought boiler as they need to get it themselves to install for guarantee… am I better returning the boiler and starting again getting the installer to buy one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,882 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I would think so. Imo the tradesmen should always supply the materials.

From your point of view, if something goes wrong after a few months, who do you blame? Supplier says installer & installer says supplier.

I don't do boilers but I don't install products (showers) that I didn't supply. It can get very messy. It's usually cheaper for me to supply anyway

Advertisement