Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do I have and what should I consider upgrading

Options
  • 15-06-2022 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

Hey,

We recently moved house and we're trying to prep a number of upgrades where needed.

We're aware we need to rewire the house which is fine, we've had it done before and somewhat aware of the process and why it needs to be done.

However when it comes to plumbing I'm a bit lost and the €100 euro call out charges get a bit overbearing.

A new gas boiler was put in in 2016 and it seems like it should cover us for at least the next 10 or so years.

We also have a immersion tank but unsure if it's used or if it has a purpose given than on the gas boiler, an option exists to have water only.

Saying when we press that, the radiators still light up.

Unfortunately the immersion tank seems like it may have a leak as there's a small pool of water at the top.

We do plan to upgrade the power shower to an electric one at least.

If anyone could help identify the various elements in the images, I'd appreciate it.

Advertisement