Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Forces TV Closing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

I will miss Forces TV... You can never get too much of UFO and Space 1999 either.

Another channel should adopt their classics schedule.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭StreetLight

I believe Horror Channel is currently showing Space 1999.

That’s TV isn’t too bad, they have a few classics such as Benny Hill, Kenny Everett Show and Harry Enfields early series!

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Maxface

Pity

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭mike2084

I will miss it, I got to see a lot of UK comedies that I wasn't familiar with as we lived in terrestrial tv only land until 2001.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,253 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭mike2084

Saw shows like May to December, Please Sir, Two in Clover, Surgical Sprit, The Bounder, The Brittas Empire (had seen that one time but had forgotten most of it), No Place Like Home, Robin's Nest, Bless This House, Home to Roost, Duty Free, After Henry, Full House, Get Back, On The Up, Never The Twain, Chance in a Million, Citizen Smith - they were all on it one time or another and most of them were new to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

Citizen.smith

Brittas empire

Chips

Surviving Henry

Pity that the channel is closing. A lot of the British sitcoms are dated but were interesting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i thought it was for British squaddies stationed overseas- hence the name😶

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

No that’s BFBS.

Forces TV was originally aimed aimed at a domestic-based military audience though, but kinda lost sight of that a bit and basically had become a “classic TV” channel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mcriot29

That’s tv is going to be a full time music channel from later this week looking at the listings all the comedy shows etc are all gone from the listings .

so that abs forces tv shows are now gone

Advertisement