Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin recorded different route

Options
  • 13-06-2022 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone

Out for a run yesterday morning. Got GPS connectivity and off I went .

I noticed quickly enough the pace was way off what I was running and when I eventually finished up it congratulated me on a PB 10k !!

id ran about 5 miles, but the funny thing is that when I checked my phone the route was way different than what I’d actually ran!!

same area but a different route?

any ideas how?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭longrunn

I updated my Garmin a few weeks ago and after the update all my runs were completely off. The track was erratic and the pace and distance were way off, setting massively unrealistic PBs. Strangely enough my cycling activities were fine. I discovered that somehow my GPS settings for running had been changed from GPS+Galileo to UltraTrac. UltraTrac is a powersaving mode where it only polls GPS every minute instead of every few seconds. I think the update had somehow changed that setting. I changed it back to GPS+Galileo and now the GPS is working fine again.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Unknownability

It's a global issue. No comment that I've seen from Garmin as of yet but seemed resolved for my run this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭longrunn

There was a different issue that cropped up a few days ago where tracks were offset to the north and east by less than 100m due to a solar flare or something messing with the satellites.

The OP posted his issue about 2 weeks ago which is before the solar flare issue and about the same time I had the issue with the watch changing the GPS setting to UltraTrac causing the same kind of result that the OP mentioned.

Advertisement