Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What makes a perfect cup of tea or coffee moment?

• 13-06-2022 9:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭

You know what I mean that one cup of tea or coffee you have during the day that is just perfect?

I can brew the same tea and drink cups of it during the day but if I'm lucky one cup of tea in a day will be perfect. They all taste the same but not the same if you are with me.

I find that if I've been working hard then the first cup of tea after that tastes just wonderful. First cup of the day is always good but not quite as good as the later restful after work one.

As for coffee for me it has to be that cup I have after a good meal.

Now a poor brew might spoil that slightly but even so it seems to me that there are factors way outside the actual taste of a brew at play here.

Wake me up when it's all over.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

If you are stuck in traffic on the way home from somewhere and you are there a while and as soon as you get into the house all you want is a cuppa and to sit down for a few mins - to me that cuppa is usually perfect :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,493 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Definitely the one after a decent, brisk walk. Every drink is nicer when you've worked up a thirst, but a good cup of tea especially is on another level completely.

The first one in the morning is never going to be the best. It's more about waking the mind up for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

Sitting down with the mrs on a Saturday about an hour before Lunch, having done a few household chores, and the kid is either in his bedroom playing, or out with his friends. Large French Press between us, and a bit of chocolate brownie or something.

The silence and then the gentle chats.

It only happens about once a year.

Advertisement