Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wicklow council list

Options
  • 12-06-2022 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi, I know there’s many discussions on here about council lists, hap lists, all sorts of lists etc. I have a query nobody can seem to give me a straight answer too,

Ive been on the Wicklow county council housing list for 9 years. I have two children, a boy and a girl age 5 and 2. There is 4 of us all together including myself and partner, we found a apartment to rent with two bedrooms 3 years ago, on the hap scheme, we are very lucky, we were living at home before this, but it is small and has some problems(landlord is great ,more so management company and neighbours are huge issues) it’s gotten to the point I’m afraid to go to my bins due to neighbours etc, anyway separate issue, but every time I ask the council for a update they just say, your on the list for a 3 bed in the greystones/delgany/Newtown area and will let you know when something comes up, and update our file etc, which I have as some medical things have changed in my family, Some people are telling me Il be waiting at least 15 -16 years! So another 6 -7 to go because I’m on the hap transfer list, is this true? I understand people are on the list a lot longer than me but I’ve known people who have been housed with 1 child or 2 same as me and have been on the list less time, (I know these people as one is my cousin) she also had a hap property, and was offered her house in greystones last year after 7 years. (Delighted for her), she had no medical grounds etc she just a normal working person on the list same as me and my partner, 

Have all the new areas in greystones been allocated ? Example the new estates glenheron, Hawkins wood, archers wood, church lands. ? 

just wondering does anyone have Information on this. 

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,924 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Hi Katherine, it's probably more likely you'll get advice/ information quicker on your question in either the property accomodation forums or possibly Wicklow forum.

There maybe some here along to help, I don't know enough about housing lists or Wicklow (albeit I'm from Cabinteely originally and not a million miles from wicklow, now living in laois for 20 years) to offer advice.

If you can't find the forums , let me know, I'll post links for you.

Good luck

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Katherine62

Thanks for your reply! Is there a link to any of the forums you mentioned? Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Summitatem

”normal working person on the list same as me and my partner”.... 9 years ago ye decided to go on housing list ..... I'd imagine there's just lots of folk deemed to be in greater need.

If they gave out forever homes to please everyone the demand or expectations for them would rocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Katherine62

9 years ago yeah, I was automatically put onto the list with my aftercare worker at the time, I didint know anything about it as I was young at the time, since then I’ve had my own family etc. I know there’s a lot of people in need more then me and me more then some… I’m sure most people know that at this stage, my question really is has anybody been offered one in my local area and been on the list same time as me and a similar situation. 👍🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 26,924 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Here you go, there's numerous threads in the Wicklow forum but probably best to start new discussion

Or property and accommodation and scroll down for numerous threads or start new discussion

Good luck 😏

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 rushorbit

Hi Katherine,

Did you manage to get any answers? I am on the housing list for wicklow town/rathnew/arklow area I have been approved for hap but unfortunately cannot find anywhere that will accept it. So I am in limbo.

Advertisement