Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chill Insurance

Options
  • 10-06-2022 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Anyone know if Chill Insurance is open on Saturdays. Getting one answer on Google and another on their chat? Thanks in advance.

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Simply calling their phone number will tell you pretty quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

Oh yea?? I wanted to INCREASE my cover, I tried to do so, but, nothing on the site that I could fathom, no chat, no answer to the phone, no answer to email.... I tried to cancel online, only possible via Chat, no chat..... Then I discovered you can ONLY cancel in writing.

I have written, we'll see, but BE CAREFUL, if you do nothing your policy is renewed AUTOMATICALLY.

Tried to see if Chill was entered in my bank a/c as a payee, but no, and there is no way of knowing how they can renew automatically, I assume they have bank details, etc.

You have been warned.

Barry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭beachhead

Most of the online brokers renew automatically and cancellation in writing would be normal.Some can accept an email.Try (01)4003406

Why? I tried every option, including hanging on for quite a time. Has everybody else on here had no (recent) issues?

BTW I got a 'reminder' message this morning - in the small print it says -

Please be aware that this email address is an outgoing email address only, it is not a monitored inbox and replies sent to it will not be seen. This email was sent to barry.mahonatiol.ie to provide a quote, setup, administer and manage a policy under performance of a contract or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract. 

[at inserted to prevent spamming.]

Is this the action of a company who cares??

• Advertisement

I tried that number, no reply after hanging on listening to the 'we value your custom' I tried several other numbers and clicking the reply here button.

As a matter of interest have you or anyone else on here had similar experience or is it just me as 'eggs for dinner' implies?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

I'd delete your email address in the above comment.

All insurance places have terms and conditions which you agree to. The answer to almost every query is in those terms and conditions.

If it car insurance, it does not automatically renew.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭beachhead

I have had a Dublin based broker tell me in an email that they were renewing my motor insurance if I did not decline it.This email was delivered 5 days before the date of renewal.I had already changed to another company so had to call them.They ignored previous emails and a letter from me not renewing with them.A commission is a commission I suppose.

Advertisement