Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ifor Williams 505 rear light

Options
  • 10-06-2022 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

Anyone know what the bottom light is for here?

Top is brake, fog. Middle is indicator but can't get bottom one to come on. Bulbs in it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Gant21

have you any tail light working on that side?

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭irishguy19772

Brake light working. And indicator working. Just the bottom one not coming on when I switch fog lights or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭orm0nd

usually the brake and tail are in one unit and the fog separate , as @Gant21 asked have you tail light working?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,707 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Would this help? Brake light & Tail light normally in the one unit as said above. Could it be the Fog Light (blue wire)?

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 8,109 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

7 pin plug can't handle fog and reversing light - it just selects one of them. So, turn on both separately on your towing vehicle and see what lights up - assuming you have no reversing light on the trailer.

If that doesn't work, then the 7 pin socket on towing vehicle has selected the opposite to what has been selected on trailer.

Sometimes the trailer wires both fog and reverse into the same wire so that regardless of what way the towing vehicle is wired the trailer will do something. This won't happen though if there is a clear lens for reversing light.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,172 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Advertisement