Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spraying question

Options
  • 10-06-2022 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

Anyone an idea on this.

10 acre field and want to spray 1000 litres of water/chemical mixture on it.

Sprayer can take 500 litres so divide field in two. How is sprayer set up to make sure 500 litres covers 5 acres?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

Have look at the nozzle colour type and then it depends on the pressure and forward speed.

Here with the blue nozzle, it will put out 240l/ha (100l/AC) at 3 bar pressure with a forward speed of 6km/h

• Registered Users Posts: 24,378 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

What colour are the nozzles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Go easy on yourself op on above, "element of trial & error " for anyone spraying for the 1st time, may not be your 1st time, but I know I write down things like what pressure/revs & gear & quantity chemical & water used , so I have a idea the next time there's a bit of spraying to do.as you would forget all that a year or two maybe later, when only doing the odd bit.

Take a bit of time working thru the chart a nozzle chart. To suit yourself. I did the sprayer course a few years ago at the the biggest element of it was working out the the rate per ha. You are doing with chemicals that can have a big impact on the environment and over dosing and spraying conditions are the biggest factor on this. Look at the amount of MCPA that is being found in water. If we want to have these chemicals to use we need to be responsible with them. Knowing how to use and setup a sprayer is a major part. That's why we have to have the course to ensure this.

To the op have a look at this hardi nozzle chart and it will help. Secondly try a small fixed acre field with just water in your sprayer. This will let you get to know the rates per ha.

Finally, but most importantly, if you haven't it done, do the sprayer course, it's for your good and the good of other farmers to be able to hold onto chemicals we can use

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Dunedin

Big push on the sprayer course a few years ago but I wouldn’t even know where to do it now. Is there anyone advertising it?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 24,378 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Talk now that it will have to be done every 3 years or do. Pure jobs for the boys effort

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Dozer1

I done it in mallow with mcdonnells i think and they were sound to deal with

Advertisement