Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can a PME apply for a contract position

Options
  • 08-06-2022 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, title is fairly self explanatory. I am a PME student heading into my second year. I have been lucky this year to have gotten consistent subbing and part time hours. It has been mentioned to me by older members of staff that I should apply for support roles within local schools and try to get a contract however I did not think this was allowed as I am not yet qualified.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭williaint

I think you can but only if no other qualified teacher applies and / or accepts the position, and you'll be paid the unqualified rate. It will also not count towards incremental credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 LunaIsMyUsername

You can but if you get the job, you'll be employed as an unqualified casual teacher and won't be given an actual contract. Its worth applying, it gets your name known to schools and if they give you casual work its your foot in the door somewhere, experience and a reference for your cv.

Advertisement