Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pour concrete on top of slabs

Options
  • 08-06-2022 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi all. I’ve old paving slabs down with years under the washing line. They’re well settled and no movement in them. I want to pour a concrete slab over them. Is this ok or any tips on what best to do I have the area boarded off for the concrete so ready to go.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Le shovelle

Yeah, but put down some 1000 gauge polythene on top of the slabs before you pour.

It will allow the slabs to move separately from the concrete and help to prevent cracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭policarp

What area are you talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭monseiur

Depending of length, width and depth of slab, for reinforcement get a few lenghts of 15mm re bar, cut one bar in lengths 3'' shorter than width of slab, space at 600mm and tie to the bars running the length of salb. The reinforcement will look like a ladder when tied. Make sure that there's a minimium of 2'' of concrete under reinforcement.

Advertisement