Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US NPT to UK/EU help please!

Options
  • 08-06-2022 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks, I got this water heater for a camper conversion from the US. Would anyone be able to advise on adaptors that would work for what's in the photo please? I went to a supplier today and was told they don't stock anything for NPT USA connections so I'll probably have to source them online.

I just want to be sure I'm getting the right bits so if anyone in the know would be able to link me to any parts from Amazon/Ebay or anywhere that ships to Ireland swift enough, I'd really appreciate it!

My other gas appliances are 8mm connection, I was told I could use a Fulham nozzle on the water heater, so maybe a hose that fits 8mm and connects to the water heater through the Fulham nozzle? I just want to be sure I'm buying the right one though.

Also, should I be connecting all these using PTFE tape too?

Any feedback would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

When I've come across NTP threads I've just ignored the problem and treated them as BSP threads.

For some common fittings thats OK 1/2 inch and 3/4 inch

When comparing NPT to BSP there are some fittings which are the same and others which are different and incompatible.

So for the 1/2 inch you should be OK just to find a 1/2 inch BSP that fits.

I won't comment on the gas side.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hey thanks a lot for the reply. That's good to know. I ordered an adaptor from Amazon anyway so I should be good for the pressure release valve side of things.

Need to look more into the shark bite to john guest thing now, it seems they are both owned by the same company!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

iirc the john guest fittings are what they use in home brewing on the home brew kegs so places that deal in the home brew kegs might be worth checking for fittings.

Edit> was interested in the John Guest fittings so looked them up and it seems screwfix.ie have a good range of them.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Thanks again :)

Advertisement