Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An App not working when using my mobile data

Options
  • 06-06-2022 8:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

My gym recently introduced a new app. Used for booking classes, gaining entry etc.

I downloaded the app without any difficulty. Had my account activated by the gym admin staff. And everything worked fine. As long as I am at home using house WiFi, or in the gym using their WiFi. The app won't work when I use my mobile data. Which I obviously need to use.

I have a Samsung S9, using Tesco prepay. The previous gym app worked perfectly using mobile data. Every other App in my phone works perfectly using mobile data.

Any thoughts as to what could be causing this issue???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,924 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Interesting, was the APP downloaded using Google Play Store or from an APK source. I don't think that's the issue as you've said it works when connected to WiFi 🤔 so at a guess , I'm thinking it's the app permissions settings might be the problem, perhaps locations or data usage permissions in app setting 🤔

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭valc

Thanks Dempo.

Have all App permissions allowed. None denied. And data usage switched on in the App settings. Its weird 😏

My other guess is access to app being denied by network , kind of like an adult/Gambling type filter ( might sound crazy) but I once worked for a network and came across some perfectly normal apps being denied access and bizzarely filters applied to account, Gambling, Adult content etc were causing the problem..

I'd firstly check with Gym if they are getting similar reported issues and if not, check with your network, some networks have pre applied filters on prepay accounts and require a request by customer to remove , age verifications etc. Billing accounts don't generally have filters applied unless requested by customer.

I'll call Tesco. Gym said no other issues, except one member who can only access the app in the gym but not elsewhere. Thanks again I

No problem, hope you get it sorted, probably something very simple on the network to be tweaked

• Advertisement

When you say the app doesn't work, does the app load but you can't log in? Or does the app not load at all?

Can you log in with another phone on cellular data? That way you'll know if it's an account issue or a phone issue.

Can you log in on your phone if you use a sim from another network? That way you'll know if it's a phone issue or a network issue.

Some things to try:

Try logging in with the phone in safe mode.

Try changing the proxy and/or port of your APN.

If your log in is via Google, make sure that the Play Store, the Google app, your browser etc. all have access to cellular data. The same applies if the log in is being done by something else.

Make sure that there is no battery optimisation, background data restrictions etc. turned on for the app or indeed any app used to log in mentioned above.

Hopefully.

Tesco Tech team not working g today. But lady I spoke to said they would call me 2mo but no restrictions on my account.

The app loaded perfectly, from Google play store. And the App is operating perfectly when on home WiFi. Or office wifi. Or gym WiFi.

Only when I try to use mobile data is it a problem.

Good idea re Sim card - I'll try to test that out.

Thanks for those tips Aristotle.

Advertisement