Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So when is the recession coming?

Options
  • 05-06-2022 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭

and what is going to trigger it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Still stihl waters 3

Wednesday week at half 3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

I would imagine towards the end of the year & the beginning of next year when the fallout from all the issues currently facing the world, EU, Ireland start to take affect. We are due one, no doubt about it

Yep....... winter.......if it's a bad/ cold one it'll accelerate matters.....agree 100% the 'R' word will become more prevalent....... I'm a glass 'half full' kind of guy but every indicator is pointing toward a 'dip'

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭ericfartman

Leo and Michaël will fix it. Great having a doctor and a teacher in charge of the country.

If the stock market keeps dipping, price of building materials increasing, layoffs due to outsourcing or lack of public spenditure.

We are half way there, the bubble is gonna burst soon. If vulture funds weren't buying up the properties we'd allready be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,523 ✭✭✭jaffa20

If people stop talking about, it might just not happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,238 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

19th July.

The same day that the ice age ended

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

There are always wars, disruption, and unexpected shocks the world is a precarious place and always has been.

There used to be someone on here who was predicting a recession since about 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Max Maxwell

What do you think makes Mary Lou and Pearce more qualified to run the country?

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Crocodile Booze

It's here.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭ericfartman

There not, they should all be fu cked out and actual businessmen/women brought in.

• Advertisement

Technically NO, a recession being defined as 2 successive quarters in which there is a fall in GDP..... but it does look like it's coming.....Q3 2022 into 2023 will tell a lot but there's so many unknown variables at play no-one can predict / forecast with any degree of confidence

• Registered Users Posts: 15,919 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Don't let it get you down, SF will not let it happen, and if it does they will sort out everything for you including a free house. Guaranteed, ask Harry Potter, sorry Eoin O'Broin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Tonesjones

Public sector will get an inflation busting pay rise and be insulated and safe . That's the important part

• Registered Users Posts: 11,343 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

What's the boards.ie obsession with recessions..

There isn't one coming in 2022-23 anyway as the US and eurozone is expected to grow for next 18 months

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

I have a clue what is going to happen, but on boards its probably has something to do with anxiety and a tendency towards negativity, it is always bad news

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Building materials prices will fall if there is a recession.

How can they stay high if demand falls all around the world?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,768 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Did we ever come out of the last recession lol. Yes some on here will say yes we did look two consecutive quarters of growth whatever. Yes maybe for some. Maybe uts all just lies and we are still in a recession. A recession is not all bad do it generally means prices falling and cheaper prices for consumers for groceries and other goods. I remember from 09 on you could buy a brand new E-Class Mercedes for 40k. My Uncles had paid 60k for one in 07 crazy money. The Renault Megane was great value for money too at 15k I think it was and was the best selling car in Ireland in 09 or 10 or was it both years? No idea what they cost now but if a recession comes they will cost less.

So it's not all bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭landofthetree

All recessions so far in history have been temporary.

I just hope we learn this as a country and don't stop house building or capital projects. But I won't hold my breath.

Would we be any worse off if we starter Metro North in 2012?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,554 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Mostly it's because they don't seem to understand what's meant by recession, in the first place.

Advertisement