Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Gigabit Fibre Broadband Service provider 2022 - Vodafone / Pure Telecom / Eir ?

Options
  • 05-06-2022 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭

Looking to switch from Virginmedia 240 Mbps to 1 Gigabit Fibre Broadband.

Those who have 1 Gb fibre plan at the moment, can you please share you experience with your ISP?

Pricewise I prefer Vodafone or Pure Telecom - please see the price comparison attached.

Which one is better in terms of Reliability, Service and Quality of support - Vodafone, Eir, Pure Telecom?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I have Eir 1 Gbps. The service itself is excellent, very low ping about 1 to 3ms and speedtests are always 940/95, there is no usage caps and there has never been congestion. Eir is great once you have FTTH and are on a contract with reduced pricing. My contract for 1 gigabit runs out in July and Eir are already offering to recontract me for another 2 years at 49.99 so I'll never have to pay the off contract price. The big downside with Eir is if something goes wrong and you need customer support then you could be quite a while waiting for a problem to be resolved, hoewver unlike the old dsl and dial up connections, there rarely ever is a problem with FTTH.

IN terms of customer support I have heard that Vodafone and Sky aren't much better than Eir. I've heard nothing but great things about Digiweb's customer support, however their service does have a usage cap which is why I haven't gone with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭TestLink

I have an ASUS RT-AX88U router. Would I be able to use that router instead of the Eir supplied one?

Also with Euro 50 I am only getting off peak local and national calls.

Vodafone and Pure Telecom is cheaper in this regard. But I also have to consider other factors like Reliability, Support quality etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

I had my AX88U connected directly bypassing the vodafone box not sure is the Eir box similar (Running Merlin on the AX88U)

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

Advertisement