Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compressor

Options
  • 04-06-2022 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

Hi looking to buy a compressor to small bit of spraying nothing major I am looking at a scheppach 24 litre 50 hp would it be up to the job or better of buying a bigger unit

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,475 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Bare in mind that the lower end sheppach stuff is identical (bar branding) to Lidl and Aldi own brand stuff.

Can't say for sure which one you mean but the standard one that Lidl often have is 50l, 1.8KW (about 2.5HP) and sells for around €100. I've had one for about 10 years and its been fine my son used it for a bit for model spray painting till he got his own.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Silent night

Thanks so much for that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Deagol

If you're talking about spraying cars or large parts or anything decent sized, you'll need a 200 litre unit. Otherwise you'll run out of air long before you finish. Those 24ltr things are toys and only good for spraying toys.

Advertisement