Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drilling basic skills at home

Options
  • 04-06-2022 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

Helping on the coaching side of things with some under age football teams in the local club.

Does any one know of any resources where I could get material to allow me put together very simple drill cards that I can print out that would encourage a kid to practice some skill at home between training sessions. The old "now make sure you all practice what we did this evening for next week" trick just doesnt work as something thats addressed to all kids is addressed to no one. So I basically want each kid to pick a card out of a hat on the way out the gate at end of training that will have enough detail be it stickman drawings or text ( but not too much detail ) that they can go home and understand what they are being asked to practice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭rpurfield

There's a session planner on the GAA website, you may be able to adapt them for individual work. Another alternative is Youtube. There's more stuff on there than you can shake a stick at.

Advertisement