Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vu+Solo 2 Openxvix with multiboot won't boot

Options
  • 04-06-2022 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

Hi all. I have this box 7 and a half years with no real issues. I was running an openvix version 5 image in it and it was freezing a little, loading wheel appearing for too long etc. So I updated the image to version 6.2 in Wednesday evening, big mistake. I started getting opkg lock issues and couldn't install plugins from the menu, got around that by telnetting the ipk to the box and installing the skin that way. I then tried to add xtream TV and it just wouldn't work. I found somewhere that it's probably out of date, python2, whereas the new image is python3. So I decided to revert to a backup, but I couldn't, the box crashed each time I tried to create a new backup or when I tried to restore or flash any of my earlier backups. So I thought I'd try open multiboot and access my backups thar way. I made the opkg lock folder writable and found I was able to install open multiboot from the feeds menu, opened it and added an earlier openvix 5 backup, selected that for the image to reboot on startup and now I'm stuck on 'Your Smart Linux TV Player', the box doesn't boot any image now. I should also add that since the 'upgrade' on Wednesday, I can't usb flash any image either. I'm snookered, looks like it's going to be a very long bank holiday weekend with two very young kids looking for TV....

Comments

Advertisement