Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stick with Gas or change to Pellet Boiler

Options
  • 02-06-2022 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭

My current combi gas boiler is close to kaput, I'm probably looking @ 3K ish to replace with new one.

Current bills are mad - small house @ €500+ per bill and only getting dearer - tiled to calor gas on an estate, 3 bedroom 100 sqm house.

Thinking of taking out gas and replacing with pellet boiler - looking @ 5K ish to get that in.

What do ppl reckon? should I stick with gas or change?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

It isn't a terrible idea to change. Make sure there are enough pellet suppliers in your area and check out the prices first. Timber price has come down slightly since the start of the year, not sure if pellet price is falling too

In the same dilemma but on Oil, at least though I don't have to pay mad standing chargers when we don't use it.

Would have to store pellets in Silo, not sure about that with our horribly damp humid climate.

Advertisement