Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[BO] Treyarch took Call of Duty storytelling to another level!

• 02-06-2022 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Was replaying through World at War, Black Ops I and Black Ops II's campaign at my friend's place, just to relive some of my favorite campaign moments. I never truly acknowledged how well put together these three campaigns are.

The narrative of Black Ops I was the most complex we've seen in the Call of Duty series (until Black Ops III took it too far without explaining or showing important details). Replaying through these campaigns was like playing through a well-written, slightly character-driven dark Action Thriller. It's cinematic, entertaining, memorable and the pacing was near stellar. World at War was like a horrifying and honestly disturbing war story. It was gory, but it was GREAT!!! Black Ops II's open-ended narrative was also a nice touch, with one of the most memorable and fleshed out villains in Call of Duty.

Black Ops: Cold War (although not as complex) is still pretty fun and entertaining (love the gameplay variety), but it's missing that spookiness from the ORIGINAL trilogy. Infinity Ward also has some pretty fun action-packed campaigns, but I wish more of the characters were a bit more fleshed out. But this new era of Modern Warfare is pretty promising.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,802 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I never enjoyed the BO campaigns, and it took me until BO3 to start liking the games Treyarch made. Tbh, the campaigns in the earlier ones were excellent (in my memory), but as they went on they were less important to the at-that-stage amazing multiplayer, and you could tell. Then again, doesn't AW or IW apparantly have an excellent story? Think it's IW, AW had the Hold A to Salute at a Funeral. Can't even remember playing the latest MW campaign.

Advertisement