Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rehoming Mum and Kittens

Options
  • 02-06-2022 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi

I've had a mammy cat living in my garden for quite some time. I've been feeding her and she's placid enough. As in she'll let me rub her.

She's recently had 3 kittens and I'm keeping them safe and fed, but I don't want any of them long term :(

She seems to be in heat again (kittens are only 8-10 weeks old) and I'm dreading having another batch of kittens running around.

I've phoned all the local animal shelters (Kildare area) and they're all full. The kittens are gorgeous and really friendly, we may end up keeping one as my children love her.

Any advice on websites I could advertise them? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭em_cat

Please don’t advertise them for free as they will most likely be used for baiting and other horrible things. Google some TNR (trap neuter & release) groups instead, if you could gather them that would make it a lot easier for the TNR to collect.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,401 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Try some of the cat rescue groups. I don’t think we’re allowed name them, but alit won’t be too hard to find one around Kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭SnrInfant

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Baybay

Also speak to a local vet. They may have suggestions.

Also, good for you! Not everyone is as kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,068 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

The "release" part of that is bad. The cats should not be released into the wild. Not unless you have a specific use for them in an area such as infestation of rodents that they might be able to control.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭ericfartman

Cats are able to hunt, drive to a forest and let them off.

There not your problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,068 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

That's all well and good. Don't come moaning about the decrease in birds, particularly songbirds, if you are going around releasing feral cats

Advertisement