Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do/places to eat

Options
  • 02-06-2022 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭

What are your recommendations ? I’ve been before but normally with a bunch of lads so didn’t get to see much.

What is the best beach for a walk, or most accessible as i have to use a cane for walking. As for eating she loves seafood so something decent but not mad money.

I have also looked at the waterfall nearby but unsure how easy it is to navigate and also some sort of forrest walk or trail. Any suggestions recommended

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

The waterfall at Glencar would be very accessible. It's actually in Leitrim but a short enough drive from Sligo town and not very far to get to the bottom of it at all, a few minutes only. There are steps up to the top of it but you can see it all from the bottom if you don't want to navigate the steps. There are toilets and a cafe onsite also.

Fish & Bean in Rosses Point and Eithnas by the Sea in Mullaghmore are two seafood restaurants I've seen recommended but I haven't eaten in either of them myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Sligo County - Recommend the Beach bar, (Aughris Head) & a walk on the beach right beside it (Sandy Beach) - http://www.thebeachbarsligo.com/

Sligo Town - Asian restaurant - Jalan Jalan on castle street is excellent for food & prices. (Not seafood tho) - https://jalanjalansligo.ie/

Dooney Rock for a forest walk. - https://sligowalks.ie/walks/dooney-rock/

Rosses Point beach is prob more accessible than strandhill.

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Confirmed!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭tinpib

Austie's in Rosses Point is a good bet for seafood. I walked from Sligo town out there in the winter 2019(just b4 Covid!) arrived at around 1pm on a Sunday and got prawns al pil pil and ate them beside a roaring fire. It was heaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Thanks for all the suggestions.

The highlight being watching the Sunset at Rosses point, was lovely and also seen two dolphins aswell.

The waterfall was great and the Devils chimney was dry much to disappointment of some American hikers.

Dooney rock challenged me a bit because the ground isn't great ha ha.

Also done Benbulbin/Horseshoe, Carrowmore and Sligo abbey.

Foodwise we tried Misu which disappointed me but had nice fish and chips from a chipper in the town.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Sounds like you had a lovely visit @BohsCeltic 😊

• Advertisement
Advertisement