Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much does GOMO reduce your speed when you use pass the 120GB "fair use" policy?

Options
  • 02-06-2022 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I've heard people say they reduce it to unusable speeds

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,808 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

be interesting to know this myself, not my provider at all, but id say im well in the terabytes at this stage, per month

• Registered Users Posts: 15,487 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

I know someone who exceeded it the last few days, he got a solid 5 Mbps down. It was only for 2 days so not a long period of time to see if that maintains.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

How long it lasted on those speeds? (if not mistaking whom you mean)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,487 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Yes, you know who I'm referring to, during the weekend he decided to stress test it and burn through the limit and in the few remaining days of the month to see how he'd manage with speeds over the limit. He was very happy with the solid 5 DL/1UL, sufficient for his needs, better than the 2 houses shared up to 5 WISP speeds from before.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭feelings

In case anyone is wondering about GOMO throttling.

As soon as I hit 120gb in Aug just gone, GOMO throttled down to 5mb/1mb approx. So they are actively throttling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 MayBeMe

Hi all. anyone observing the issue after 120 GB? any extra cost or lower speed?

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Also wondering if when you use 120GB and they throttle down to 5Mb if there's any further throttling if you continue to eat through GB's, in order to make it unusable?

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kenyard

5Mb would take you to 5Gb a day if it ran non stop.

It's really not worthwhile throttling further probably.

I don't see why you would even bother. Just get a better plan if you're planning to use more. I've used 100gb a day on three on 4g and their plans are 15/20 a month and they have 5g now too.

Advertisement