Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Signing

Options
  • 01-06-2022 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Has anyone done online signing on? You can go on to MyGoviD account and you can sign online instead of going to your local social welfare office to sign on every 4 weeks in person. Has anyone tried this. And is this just a temporary with covid or permanent, the whole idea of online signing instead of signing on in person at your local office.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Cactusmania

Yes,

I have been doing this for several months. I was contacted by SW, they asked me if I was interested, I said I was. So they sent me a text where I read out the code. This verified my mobile number. They will tell you what else to do to complete the switchover. From then on, if your signing day is Tuesday, you receive a text on the Saturday, saying your jobseekers declaration is due on said date and to sign into your my welfare account between 8am Tuesday and 8am Wednesday to submit. On the site you enter your email address and password, then code you receive on your phone. You click to sign on and answer 3 the same questions you would in person and that's that. It only takes a couple of minutes, very easy. I suppose in time, they hope to get many people doing this, as it's easier for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Silke007

Thanks for your advice. I was just wondering how long did it take them to get back to you after you said yes you would do it. I sent email to them 1 week ago, but I haven't heard anything back yet. I just have to sign in person in the next 2 weeks, I was just wondering would online signing be set up by that or is it long process. Are did it take them a long time to get back to you to set up. Thanks again for your advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Cactusmania

If I recall, after I said yes, they said to create the My Welfare account and send an email with your PPS number to an address specific to your social welfare office, which tells them you've completed setup. I was waiting weeks after this before I heard anything. You'll get either an email or letter saying the switchover is complete. When the time comes, you'll get a text reminder.

All the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Silke007

Thanks for that. I really appreciate it. You have been a great help. Thanks for everything. 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Gant21

This is handy when you are working abroad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Derekon2021

But if you're working abroad, surely you're not entitled to Social Welfare payments?!! LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭doc22

You have to sign to get money at post office every week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

I think this poster was trying to be sardonic….

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭I am me123

Hi there,

I have a question regarding online signing.

I emailed the county@welfare.ie email address stating that I wished to avail of the option to sign online.

Today, I got a reminder text from DSP about my next signing date.

Will I get another text the day before to go onto MyWelfare and sign on?

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭beachhead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Olaz

Have you signed on in person in the Intreo office at least once before?

If no, then you must attend in person for the first signing.

If yes, then I would email your local office again to check that you have been set up for online signing.

Advertisement