Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pump noise

Options
  • 01-06-2022 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

Hi all, I’m looking for advise.

I have a 3 year old house with a Nibe F730 installed, not even sure if that’s even relevant. The pump comes on for about 1 second every about 15 minutes and throughout the night. I’m assuming this means we could have a leak somewhere? I’ve checked all the toilets and sinks and they seem ok.

I finally got a plumber to come around and have a look and he reckoned it was the washing machine so isolated it through the tap on the back and said leave it a few days to see if it goes. The reason he thought this was because every weak the watching machine would have a pool of stinking water in the drum but the noise continued and i now suspect that was a problem with the waste pipe twisted. That plumber seems unreachable at the moment.

Has anyone any experience with this? Should i keep looking for a different plumber or are there any diagnostics i can do myself?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭geecee

I had something similar and it was a leaky diaphragm in the cistern siphon.

You could try to test this by putting some drops of food colouring in the cistern and leave it without flushing for a few hours to see if the water in the bowl changes colour

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Spook80

Thanks for the reply. I thought i ruled toilets out but possibly not thorough enough I’ll actually try that idea to be sure.

Advertisement